Midland Living Website Breakdown - 11-Proven Techniques That Help Publishers Work Smarter Not Harder - Videoin Local Publisher Processes
Step 1 is doing something.
Step 2 is doing the right things, the right way.
Our Community Content Engine has a lot of great features baked in that automate best-practices and streamline working smarter not harder but sometimes you just gotta know what to do.
This video is all about doing things the right way and reducing the busy-work to get more benefits - a higher return on (effort) investment.
You'll notice there is nothing techie about what we suggest but rather it's all about leverage:
- Leverage Print & Digital
- Leverage Your Website, Social Media & Email
- Leverage Audience to Create Content (and more audience)
When you're trying to do more with less the key word is Leverage!
In the video, we introduce 11 simple tactics including:
- Use more descriptive titles including who, where, & what
- Embed your digital edition directly on your site - don't link to 'other places' to promote your content
- Use short paragraphs, avoid 'walls of text' - also include headers as separators for scanability
- Spread out and schedule your Facebook posts
- Don't auto-publish from your website or auto-share from Instagram to Facebook or other social platforms
- Create quick-hitters on your site instead of lengthy FB posts, then share to FB
- Don't share your e-newsletter to social media
- Limit promotional posts (ads) - pretty much, don't do it!
- Incorporate User Generated Content (UGC) and user-inspired content to crowdsource and grow engagement
- Share from YOUR website to Facebook
- Don't share naked - always include a custom share message. If it's not worth your time to think of something relevant to add why would anyone take time to read it? Plus: you want to include ego-bait